We've all had our hearts broken by 'the one' at some point in our lives, and while reminiscing we may pine for the good ol' days of cuddling, squabbling, and good ol' canoodling to warm our hearts for the night. What if you want to reconnect, somehow found yourself wondering what's the best text to send to an ex?
In this article, I'll cut to the chase about how to text your ex boyfriend for the first time or what to text your ex boyfriend when you miss him. This will be the first post to a series of LoveProTips (LPT) I'm writing for lost loves and rekindling romances.
Omg you read my...texts??? Tell me what to do!
Before I unleash the barrage of things to send your ex and seal it off with a kiss, it's important to note that these texts may not guarantee a (positive) response if that's what you're looking for.
LPT #1: you don't want to come off desperate or needy when you're reaching out for the first time.
Your ex may still miss you, hate you, or not want to speak to you again depending on how the relationship ended; in all cases, the best text to an ex may not get a response out of him.
Now, moving on to the juicy part: the first text after no contact rule examples.
(Caveat: the no contact rule is equivalent to going cold turkey on drugs: no texting, calling, or seeing him for as looooong as you can. The longer you stay away from your ex after breaking up, the likelier it is for you to rebuild a connection.)
Alrighty, now start dishing and gimme the convo starters!
Feast your eyes on the following messages to send your ex and take your pick of the best text to send to your ex girlfriend or boyfriend.
#Situation 1: What to text your boyfriend if you miss him
- Hey [ex's name], it's been a while and I really miss having you in my life. Just wanted to let you know that despite what happened I still find you an awesome person, and I hope you're doing well and having a good time.
- Hey [ex's name], I was cleaning out my cabinets the other day and came across that old photo of us setting of fireworks on 4 July last year. Remember how much fun we had and how we almost set my favorite dress on fire?
- Hey [ex's name], just checking in to see if you're ready to talk. It's been super dull without you around, and I miss your company. I want you to know that I still care about you very much, and would love to remain as friends if you'd have me.
#Situation 2: Text to send your ex after you've moved on
- Hello [ex's name], I just watched Matilda the musical and recalled how much you love the book. Do watch it when you can! Anyway, it'd be great to catch up over coffee. What do you think?
- Hey! I saw on LinkedIn that you landed that dream job in Google - congratulations, you did it!! Would love to catch up over a coffee when you're free. My treat :)
- Hey [ex's name], are you back in town? It's been too long since we last talked, and I wanna know how you've been. Free to grab lunch sometime?
#Situation 3: Texts to get your ex's blood boiling (again)
- YOU SON OF A-
As much as you might be pissed off about how things ended with your ex, the last thing you'd want to do is remind him why you two broke up in the first place. Sending a hate text about all the mistakes he'd made is definitely a recipe for ruining any chance of getting back together.
The best text to send to an ex is therefore a casual, 'hey-how-ya-doin' message to test the waters and see whether your ex is willing to take the bait.
What if he's blocked me everywhere?
Your ex might have blocked you on all social media platforms if he or she felt that there's no salvaging the relationship ever. Perhaps this might be a temporary tactic to prevent contact in the fresh, early days of a breakup, and he or she might unblock you eventually.
If you're antsy about making things right or looking to apologize, one way to bypass this is to use another phone number to text your ex. It's a risky move, but it could still work if you're truly sincere about clearing the air.
Therefore, we wouldn't recommend borrowing your family or friends' phones even if you have the best text to send to an ex. Besides inconveniencing your folks, your ex would lose whatever tiny shred of respect he has for you.
Instead, you could use a change your phone number app like Phoner, which provides you burner phone numbers that you can use to call and text anyone anonymously. But because honesty is key to rebuilding trust, you will need to be upfront about who you are from the start.
So can I magically get my ex back by sending just one text?
Ultimately, remember that relationships are complicated and that means there is no easy way of getting your ex to fall instantly back in love with you. The bottom line is that there is no one best text to send to an ex if you are looking to get back together quickly.
Fortunately, I have an arsenal of tips to build a step-by-step guide titled Love Pro Tips on how to win your ex back. To find out what kind of texts to send your ex to get him back, watch this space for upcoming articles that will address every situation known to man and woman when it comes to rebuilding a romance once lost.
Want the best text to send to an ex? I've got it all and more.