Phone number are increasingly synonymous with a person's identity, and it is something through which anyone can approach you from any part of the world.
When you place a phone call, the recipient gets your caller ID on their phone. With this number, they can contact you any time in the future too.
There are certain situations when you want to hide your caller ID or anonymize your phone number so that you can secure your personal number from future privacy exploitation.
Why would someone want to anonymize their phone number?
You may want to anonymize your phone number or hide it in the following situations:
- If you are a small business owner or a freelancer, you might want to hide or anonymize your phone number so that the clients do not disturb you on weekends.
- Another situation when you want to call someone without showing your number is buying or selling something online. They ask for your personal number sometimes to contact you in the future. You would definitely want to anonymize your phone number to save your privacy.
- While signing up on websites or apps, you want to hide your personal phone number. If you do not hide it, your number may be added to the list and received by telemarketers. The result would be telemarketing spam calls.
What are the three ways to anonymize or hide your phone number?
You must be thinking about how to hide my phone number when making a phone call? There are different ways to do it effectively.
Method 1: Use a long term private number from Google Voice
If you are worried and thinking about how to mask my phone number on a long term basis? Services like Google Voice is an easy solution. You will get unlimited calling, voicemail, and other features for free.
Google voice app is free for iOS and Android. You will need a smartphone or computer, a google voice app, and internet access. When you call someone, the app will show you a Google voice number instead of the real one.
Method 2: Block your caller ID
Another way to anonymize your phone number is to block your caller ID. You can do this by going to your phone settings and turning it off for outbound calls.
One method is to dial *67 before the regular number while dialing from a landline or cellular phone. Your number will show up as unbelievable.
Method 3: Use Anonymous Number Apps like Phoner
This is one of the easiest ways to generate a proxy phone number.
Phoner is a calling app that can generate new random numbers for making calls and texts. You can download this app easily.
Learn: How to generate a new number in Phoner
There are the following steps to anonymize your phone number:
- Step 1: Download and open Phoner app.
- Step 2: Tap on "Get New Fixed Number".
- Step 3: Select country, area code, followed by a number.
- Step 4: Call or text from that new anonymous phone number.
Wrapping things up
Now, you are aware of the ways of how to anonymize your phone number. Use these methods to make life easy and save yourself from spam calls.